Saturday 28 April 2018

Laptop With External Monitor Boots to ONLY the External Monitor

The laptop monitor works fine, and this only happens if the laptop hibernates. When I open my laptop lid, the ASUS boot logo shows on my laptop monitor, then my lock screen pops up on the external. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it is very annoying. At the moment, my fix is to close and open my laptop again, which then seems to register it, but then all the windows that I had open to specific displays are crowded onto my laptop monitor and I have to reorganize them. I can't think of what's causing this and all the solutions I have (closing and reopening laptop, unplugging external monitor before opening laptop) cause the same issue with windows all returning to one screen.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?



Submitted April 29, 2018 at 03:26AM by kurva-lavire https://ift.tt/2HAceKl

No comments:

Post a Comment