Sunday 29 April 2018

Hard Drive making grinding sound

I've recently upgraded a number of components on my computer and my hard drive has been making a sort of grinding sound. It's definitely from the hard drive, but it shows up clean after running SeaTools hard drive tests on it, it only made the sound during the 'short/long generic' test, but it did pass all of them.

It doesn't happen when idle, just when the HDD is reading or writing, not sure if its specifically one or both.

The HDD in question is a WD blue 2tb, and I'm on Windows 10 if that matters. I'm assuming it's not a good noise to be making, and I have a short video of the sound (if I knew how to post it), I would just like a second opinion before having to return it.



Submitted April 29, 2018 at 10:07PM by PaleWaffle https://ift.tt/2HD3FTa

No comments:

Post a Comment