Sunday 29 April 2018

Opening reddit 'locks' my computer

So this is a bit of a strange one, and has me extremely confused, so I'll try and explain the best I can. Essentially, whenever I open reddit in my browser, my computer loses connection to the internet (but still shows that I am connected) and most things become unresponsive. I can move other windows around slightly, and then they go unresponsive. While this is happening, I usually can't open the start menu, and even when I do, I can't restart my PC from there, so I have to do it from the tower. I can ctrl + alt + del, but, when it eventually works, I get stuck on a "Please Wait" screen. One more thing I've noticed, is my tower making a strange noise while this is happening. Normally when I shut it down, it make a certain noise just before it turns off, and that's the noise it makes.

I havnt been able to replicate it with any other site. Normally when I have problems like this, they fix themself, but this is too annoying. And help is much appreciated. I'll make a video of it, if needed.



Submitted April 29, 2018 at 12:49PM by xxlaingyxx https://ift.tt/2r3ferA

No comments:

Post a Comment