Sunday 29 April 2018

Getting repeated Windows 10 BSODs immediately after sign-in and I have reached my wit's end.

Since about a week ago, I have been getting BSODs on my Windows 10 desktop consistently two minutes everytime I boot up. I didn't download any new software or change any settings before the BSODs started. I usually get the 'SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTED' or the 'PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL' stop code. From what I can tell, these are caused by problems with drivers, so I booted the pc in safe mode, downloaded the latest drivers onto a USB stick, and tried to update the drivers from there, but that didn't solve anything. Then, I tried to reset the PC using the 'Keep My Files Option, but it encountered an 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' error. I've also tried resetting the computer many more times, but I always get a variety of errors mid-reset. I have tried doing SFC scans, memory diagnostics, reseating the RAM, testing individual RAM sticks, and just about everything else the internet has told me to do with these stop codes. I've been working on it and trying new things for the past week and I've had no progress, so right now I'm just frustrated and unsure of where to go next. I'm willing, to buy a new copy of Windows 10 if that's necessary, but I don't know if that will do anything. Help me, r/techsupport, you're my only hope!



Submitted April 30, 2018 at 05:06AM by MerlinManatee https://ift.tt/2rbrQgj

No comments:

Post a Comment