Monday 30 April 2018

Cloning laptop hard drive on another computer

I have a friend who's laptop started getting BSOD a lot. The laptop is pretty old and he already has a new laptop. He wants to use acronis universal restore to copy everything from his old laptop's hard drive to the new laptop's hard drive. He wants to use acronis universal restore because he has a lot of programs installed on his old laptop and he doesn't remember where he put all the product activation keys. Acronis universal restore I believe allows you use an image of the old hard drive even though it is on new hardware. The problem I am having is that when I try to create the clone on the old laptop, the laptop would BSOD before the cloning process even finishes. I am wondering if I would be able to take the hard drive out of the laptop and plug it into my desktop instead and clone it from there. Any help would be appreciated.



Submitted April 30, 2018 at 11:14PM by wombo_combo626 https://ift.tt/2rbgaKG

No comments:

Post a Comment