Monday 30 April 2018

FPS drops that are fixed by disabling Windows Defender real-time protection

Windows 10, i5-4460, GTX 970

I've been having fps drops in my games for a few months now (Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, Vermintide 2 to name a few) and I couldn't diagnose the problem. Then one day a couple weeks ago I realised Antimalware Service Executable (Windows Defender Antivirus Service) was using about 1-2GB of ram in the task manager. After disabling real-time protection in the Windows Defender Security Centre, I realised all the fps drop problems in my games were gone. Since then, I've been having to disable windows defender before I play any games, since it re-enables itself every now and then, even during games which is noticeable immediately as the frame drops start straight away. Now my question is, why is this happening, as windows defender is no longer using crazy resources, but if it is on, I get frame drops. I don't want to disable windows defender permanently, I just want to diagnose and fix the problem.



Submitted May 01, 2018 at 12:21AM by Adam_Ch https://ift.tt/2HKYmNe

No comments:

Post a Comment