Sunday 29 April 2018

Windows Defender was using insane amount of memory, solved it by disabling Automatic Sample Submission which then caused Page fault in non-paged area BSOD which I solved by making a new page file.

Ok, this one is weird and hope this helps someone... Noticed the problem because my pagefile grew to 16gigs and SSD storage space is limited. So I opened task manager and saw this weirdness. Googled some articles but none really helped so in frustration I disconnected my ethernet cable and restarted. Problem was solved but I need the Internet so I checked Windows Defender options and unchecked Automatic Sample Submission, then restarted reconnecting ethernet.

Everything seemed fine but then I ran into a Page fault in non-paged area BSOD, which I solved by doing the suggestion in Best Answer here.

Only thing I did differently yesterday than today was install Fallout New Vegas, and noticed Windows Defender running a scheduled quick scan running while playing. I'm now currently finding out why a page file is important (lots of saved info is gone) and crossing fingers nothing else goes wrong.

--System Specs--

  • Windows 10 version 1709
  • Ryzen 1600 @stock
  • Gygabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6Gb @stock
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Gb @2933
  • MSI Tomahawk B350
  • Samsung M.2 250Gb and Segate 7200RPM HD 3Tb


Submitted April 29, 2018 at 11:01PM by Creature311 https://ift.tt/2vT1sNK

No comments:

Post a Comment