Sunday 29 April 2018

Cannot access some websites, but can access others. Websites aren't down.

Whats happening

Attempting to access most websites (ex imgur.com, 4chan, various small websites or repositories) results in a 'This sit can't be reached' page on my browser.

This is not browser specific, as it happens through Git to some private servers of mine and friends. Additionally, it is happening on my w10 PC, iphone 5S, Mac, and w8.1 laptop.

No changes have been made to my router or modem, and I've reconfigured them for good measure.


I have tried

flushing dns

good ol' reset-everything

reconfigure router/modem

changing our DNS servesr to Cloudflares and Googles.


Extra info

I can ping websites through the cmd, and receive replies. I can access these websites just fine by using my phone's roaming data, or through my PC by using my phone's hotspot.

Oddity: I cannot access imgur.com, however I can visit exact imgur links (ex http://www.imgur.com/someurl), and the phone app works fine.

Modem's logs claims we received a (suspected) DDoS attack a few hours ago. Don't know if that'd be related.



Submitted April 29, 2018 at 10:39PM by Kalthramis https://ift.tt/2vRZQUy

No comments:

Post a Comment