Sunday 29 April 2018

Did I get burned by eBay? RX580 constant crashes.

Fresh windows install. Gigabyte rx580. Installation goes fine but once I get into windows, it crashes within a few seconds to a solid color screen -- sometimes white, mostly the background color of my profile. Fans on the rx580 are sometimes running, so I tried to install afterburner to set a manual fan curve one time it stayed uncrashed. That didn't help though, as it'll still crash randomly.

Other thing is that when I can load afterburner, it says the card is only running at 300mhz.

Other system info:. 6700k, rog hero Maximus vii, 16gb corsair vengeance ram, adata nvme drive, 650w gigabyte psu

Of note it doesn't crash when I boot into a bootable usb disk, like gparted.

Thoughts? eBay seller said like new open box, but no returns. I tried submitting a return request so we'll see if this is something to bring eBay into.



Submitted April 30, 2018 at 04:43AM by fuzzycuffs https://ift.tt/2ra8mZl

No comments:

Post a Comment