Sunday 29 April 2018

Upload speed plummeted and ISP doesn't know why

I made this post in /r/broadband too but I didn't get any help so I'm trying my luck here.

I live in Washington and my ISP is TDS. Recently my upload speed dropped from around 4-5 Mbps to about 500kbps. I had two different TDS guys come out and they tested a dozen things and couldn't figure it out. I live in the country side and apparently the signal up at the main road is good, but the signal at the box on the side of my house isn't.

Everything was fine for years until two weeks ago when it suddenly just shit itself for no apparent reason. Has anyone had this problem with TDS and know why this happened? I need that upload speed for work. I was thinking about asking them to just re-wire the entire thing, but I don't know if they would charge me a gorillion dollars or even do it. It's like 100-200 yards from my house to the road.



Submitted April 30, 2018 at 12:29AM by Rbynight https://ift.tt/2HUCNNV

No comments:

Post a Comment