Saturday 28 April 2018

Computer freezing to solid colored screen.

My computer is crashing repeatedly whenever I have a game running. It freezes into a random solid color screen and fails to respond. I recorded GPU temps during a freeze and the last recorded temp before the freeze while running 2 windows of EVE Online was 76 degrees C which is well within reason for GPU temps.

I wasn't recording CPU temps during the crash but I did monitor them and never saw any unusual numbers.

What I've tried so far:

Clean install of graphics driver

windows defender virus scan

memtest86, no errors found

monitoring of GPU and CPU temps, not overheating

Trying other games (crashed playing PUBG too)

chkdsk

looking for crash dumps, none recorded according to Who Crashed

What I can't try:

swapping out a graphics card, I don't have any back ups or extras.



Submitted April 29, 2018 at 12:05AM by greenops https://ift.tt/2JBDvN7

No comments:

Post a Comment