Monday 29 May 2017

Two CC online accounts hacked... by same Gmail address? Would be grateful for your guidance!

Hi r/techsupport! I hope you can help me figure out what to do. I've had two store credit card accounts hacked; the hacker has logged into the websites with my credentials, then changed the email address on the account, and since I got emails notifying me of same, I was able to fix the problem by calling customer service. But I noticed today, even though the last time was in November 2016, the email address was the same. That seems weird to me, but this is not my area of expertise so I thought I'd come here for advice. Thoughts? What should I be doing differently? If I should use a password manager any suggestions on which one? (I've seen lots of folks in favor of them but also opposed, so even that is confusing to me.) THANKS IN ADVANCE for any insight!



Submitted May 30, 2017 at 06:53AM by Auds18 http://ift.tt/2rPoFxf

No comments:

Post a Comment