Wednesday 31 May 2017

Why am I being affected by OpenDNS?

Last night before I went to bed, everything was fine. This morning, however, I opened up google chrome and found that I was blocked from nearly every website I've tried to access. I use Bootcamp on a Mac Pro Tower, my OS X mirror running the most recent version Yosemite and the Windows parallel running on Windows 7, but I primarily use windows.

When I tried connecting to backpack.tf, a website used for pricing and listing items for an online game, a window popped up telling me that the domain had been blocked due to content filtering. (This can be seen in the first image.) This also happened when I tried looking up websites to see if anyone else had this problem, telling me they had been categorized as a foruming site.

When I tried accessing websites like YouTube or Reddit, it told me that my connection isn't private and that attackers might be trying to steal my information. It says that the certificate authority is invalid. (This can be seen in the second image.)

I have never associated with OpenDNS nor heard of it until this morning, but without my permission it seems to have taken ahold of my computer. I've tried using different browsers and booting into the Mac Bootcamp, but there is still no change. This desktop is the device being affected by this, because I've tested different computers and on my phone and I'm able to access all of these websites.

I have three different internets at my home, and no matter which I use, OpenDNS is still affecting me. I've tried using the Google IPv4 and IPv6 DNSes, but that hasn't helped either. At this point I do not know what to do, so I've come to techsupport for help.

OpenDNS?



Submitted June 01, 2017 at 05:19AM by Cres-TF http://ift.tt/2qCCL0V

No comments:

Post a Comment