Wednesday 31 May 2017

Totally out of ideas: Constant BSODs under medium load while gaming.

Hey /r/techsupport, cross-posting from the Microsoft support forums in hopes maybe someone here might be able to help me out: http://ift.tt/2so94RO

Recently I've started having BSODs occur while running games, and more infrequently at random times when the PC is not really under any load. These have been consistently DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, BAD_OBJECT_HEADER, and a few other less frequent stop codes. I'm now able to pretty consistently recreate the crash by running a game of Overwatch, usually with 3 games I'll BSOD with one of these stop codes.

I've tried a series of debugging methods so far:

  1. Memtest86, found no errors, also did the RAM DIMM slot shuffle, again finding no issues...

  2. Replaced the RAM anyway, No change.

  3. Reinstalled Windows on a series of different physical hard drives and one SSD, no change.

  4. Replaced the motherboard entierly (after my machine started throwing these same errors while trying to install windows from a bootable USB made with the media creation tool. No longer convinced the old Mobo was bad), allowed me to install and run windows without immediate BSOD, but original problem not solved

  5. Swapped out the GPU & updated GPU drivers, no effect

  6. Swapped PSU, in case old psu went bad, no effect

  7. Updated BIOS on both Mobos, no effect

  8. Ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, CPU Passes, including load tests

  9. Implemented the suggestions for googling "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION windows 10" [rolled SATA AHCI driver to default, disabled fast boot in bios/windows], no effect

  10. Tried to some success to recreate the crash by just loading the CPU via CPU-z, while I did get it to BSOD once I haven't been able to repeat it.

  11. Updated all the drivers available on my motherboards manufacturer page, no effect

  12. Ran System Tests in Ubuntu finding no issues, though I'll admit these were not really comprehensive.

While the CPU does pass the Intel tool, I've not had a chance to replace it with a known working unit as I don't currently have access to one of the correct package for my motherboard. Pretty much at the end of my wits here as far as what to do next...

System info:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7A64

BIOS: 1.20

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM

Page File: 8034MB used, 11252MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Link to some of the latest crash dumps/minidumps:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFIpluOhfdEguJ_q7m7gIjk_-Fz5w

And here is a CPU-Z report of my current system:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AqFIpluOhfdEguMBeJvidMxFLDhCgg

edit1: formatting



Submitted June 01, 2017 at 01:45AM by haroohara http://ift.tt/2qC33Vr

No comments:

Post a Comment