Wednesday 31 May 2017

Strange Mouse Issue

So a friend asked me to fix their laptop and the main problem apart from it being in a bad state (out and in) is that the trackpad won't work. Not only that when I plug in another mouse, it won't work either. However when I leave the laptop on eventually I get a UAC prompt to install some Java update. When I tab into the UAC prompt, both trackpad and mouse suddenly work until I click "No" to the prompt and it closes. So some kind of privilege problem? At first I thought it was a hardware issue since the keyboard stops working sometimes too including boot (selecting safe mode or normal boot). Maybe it is a hardware one too but if I could get the mouse working I could at least back up files. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Trackpad seems to work on the login screen sometimes but not always.



Submitted May 31, 2017 at 07:10PM by Umbran0x http://ift.tt/2rkzjth

No comments:

Post a Comment