Wednesday 31 May 2017

My Win7 PC is always very sluggish for the first ~5-10 minutes after booting up

Hi all,

I've noticed for the past few months that my PC is extremely sluggish for the first few minutes after I turn it on.

I'm a pretty experienced PC user so I've gone through the usual steps of making sure I have few startup processes (I only have Google Drive, Dropbox, Sophos Antivirus, and Logitech SetPoint to start on boot) and I've done a disk defrag too (my disk is barely fragmented). I also did a scan for malware and my PC is 100% clean.

I'm out of things to try now and it's getting pretty unbearable how slow my PC gets every time I turn it on.

My PC specs:

  • Processor: i5-4440
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8570
  • RAM: 8GB

Does anyone have any suggestions I can take to try and make my computer faster on boot?



Submitted June 01, 2017 at 07:20AM by meowmeowaww http://ift.tt/2sphuZo

No comments:

Post a Comment