Wednesday 31 May 2017

Random crashes, assuming memory related

About 2 months ago my PC started crashing randomly when gaming. This lasted for about a week, but then disappeared for 2 months. Now it's back again and I am completely dumbfounded by it. I am getting frequent system hangs and occasional blue screens when running with dual channel memory.

I decided to run MemTest, and testing the sticks individually gave me no errors. However, running both sticks in dual channel gave me plenty of errors and I have no idea why.

It's my first build so I am relatively new to all this - if they work in single channel shouldn't they work together in dual channel like they have since I built my PC 6 months ago? Why the sudden change in reliability? Why did the problem go away for 2 months?

Things I have also tried:

  • Running AV/Malware scans
  • Windows Updates
  • Manually adjusting RAM to recommended 2133Mhz instead of 3000Mhz
  • Also worth mentioning that temps are completely fine

Should I update the BIOS? Could this be CPU related? I have no idea where to go from this, so any help would be much appreciated.

Specs:

  • AsRock Z170 Extreme4
  • Intel Core i5 6600k
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz
  • ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC EDITION
  • EVGA SuperNova 750 g2


Submitted May 31, 2017 at 04:59PM by CertainAffinity http://ift.tt/2rnB7ne

No comments:

Post a Comment