Wednesday 31 May 2017

Spam emails linked to Amazon Fraud

So this morning I woke up to thousands upon thousands of spam emails. They accomplished their goal, which was hiding the email confirmation that comes from buying things on Amazon.

Lucky for me, when this item shipped, I got a push notification on my phone from the Amazon app. The item in question was also hidden in my archived orders, so that when I check my account I couldn't find it.

So I called Amazon and they said they are looking into it, and are putting a hold on everything, so I can't open my account any more, and neither can anyone else. I hope that the item they shipped, which was considerably expensive, has a hold put on it or something. I have very little skin in the game, because they had the item ordered was on warrantee. They ordered it as a replacement. I also checked my bank account and no money was withdrawn so I am good there for now.

So here is my question: is there ANYTHING I can do to keep my email address? or am I correct in assuming that I need to make a new email account if this doesn't stop?

Also yes I am pretty damned sure that I did not click any phishing emails.

Also half sharing this just to spread the word about this kind of thing.



Submitted June 01, 2017 at 05:33AM by PlaidWalker http://ift.tt/2rlXCXM

No comments:

Post a Comment