Tuesday 30 May 2017

My home has multiple ethernet ports throughout the house. I recently had FiOS's gigabit service installed. The modem/router plugs directly into one of these ethernet ports. Does this mean my whole house is "wired" now? Could I use a second modem to get wired speed upstairs?

As the title suggests...

My house has several ethernet ports in the wall. Verizon FiOS was recently hooked up to the house. The FiOS modem/router is connected to an ethernet port on our main floor. We have an ethernet port upstairs. Would it be possible to connect a second modem to this port to access the wired speeds provided by FiOS?

How would I be able to check if this is possible or how would I go about setting everything up so I don't screw up our existing connection?

Thank you!



Submitted May 30, 2017 at 09:38PM by takiniteasy88 http://ift.tt/2rkkUiy

No comments:

Post a Comment