Wednesday 31 May 2017

Able to "log in" on MBP but then nothing loads and it restarts

So bit of background, I noticed that browsing on Chrome, opening new tabs to websites, new page, settings would always result in a crash. I wasn't able to do any browsing without either quitting chrome and starting it up again, or restarting the mac altogether.

At this point Firefox would also take ages to load sites, and respond when I'm typing sites into the address bar and appear with the big spinning ball of death. But then it would eventually respond again.

This happened many times over the past few days and normally a restart of the mac would make things dandy again.

Kept happening, so decided to reinstall Chrome. It would uninstall fine, I used AppCleaner, but reinstalling using the dmg came up with two errors, "no such package" and "bad signature" (or something along those lines, can't reemmber the exact wording).

Thought I had some sort of mac malware/virus, so tried BitDefender from the App Store telling me everything was ok.

So still without Chrome, (and now without Videostream for Chrome (an add-on) and Chrome Remote Desktop, as I uninstalled these), I decided to do a restart to see if that would fix things.

Now on bootup, I can login fine, it accepts my password, but then the loading bar appears and nothing loads, and the mac restarts.

Any ideas guys? I have checked Disk Utility already and everything is fine and I don't seem to have any Time Machine backups on the MBP itself, it just says "Searching for backups" for ages :(

EDIT: MBP 2015 15" i7 16GB RAM, Running latest macOS Sierra 10.12.5



Submitted May 31, 2017 at 04:53PM by magiccoupons http://ift.tt/2slPUfh

No comments:

Post a Comment