Tuesday 30 May 2017

Cannot login after random reactivation of fb account. "Sorry, something went wrong..."

Hello, I need some help with my Facebook account. I have exhausted all other options, any help would be appreciated. So I deactivated my account in 2012. It randomly reactivated a few weeks ago, without my permission. I was suspicious that it was 'hacked', so I tried to access it to deactivate it again. But I can't login. I can successfully change/reset the password (using phone and/or email verification) but when I try to login I am given a generic error message saying "sorry, something went wrong. We are working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can". I have tried clearing caches, cookies, histories, etc. I have tried different browsers, including the iPhone app. I have tried waiting days, and now it's been several weeks for it to be fixed. This situation is less than ideal, and even though it doesn't appear to be a nefarious hacker or anything, I have no control over my account which is now automatically notifying people that it is my birthday, etc. All I want is for my account to go back to being deactivated, yet all the Facebook "help center" topics require me to be logged in. What if I can't login! Is there seriously no way to get support for this issue from fb? Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Submitted May 30, 2017 at 08:01PM by washyourclothes http://ift.tt/2rgFi23

No comments:

Post a Comment