Wednesday 31 May 2017

After new graphics card.. games suddenly close?

I recently upgraded graphics card and ever since I did I have been having very weird things happen during gaming.

1) My game will completely close almost like I have ALT+F4'd, games like Golf with friends has closed on me twice today, quake live works perfectly and Dead by Daylight work fine.

2) I've even had my computer shut off completely when I was Playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, when I turn it back on its absolutely fine though, until that is I play games again..

3) I will get weird mouse movement lag with my curser after closing a game(if I get that far lol)

4) I get strange stutters during gameplay, itll pause for like 5 seconds randomly then resume like nothing has happened, like a 5 second lag/freeze spike.

I ran a few benchmark apps after I installed my new GPU, the first time the PC completely shut off after 5minutes but I tried it again and kept it on for about 30minutes without any problems. Also tried it three times since then and no issues at all.

I have been running CPUz and Open Hardware Monitor to check temperatures and nothing is overheating, graphics barely gets past 36% fan speed(automatic fan speed thing) and doesnt really pass 70c, CPUs are normally sitting at around 50-60c and the general temperature from the pc case is cool, not even warm. I suspect it is possible to do with the fact I have a very cheap PSU but I was wondering if anyone else with more experience could give me some advice, more opinions welcome :)

My specs

Windows 10 Professional Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHZ GEFORCE GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB (upgraded from a gtx 960 2gb) 16GB Ram (basic ram, nothing fancy) Unbranded 500w PSU (sorry to admit this, but the PSU cost me around £13 from amazon - I overspent on my CPU & GPU so had no more money for a decent PSU so hoped a cheap one would do it, and it did work perfectly fine with my older GTX 960, then I upgraded to 1070 which needed another 6 pin(along with the 8pin) power socket.

thanks for reading



Submitted May 31, 2017 at 11:39PM by _jonnny_ http://ift.tt/2snP4yN

No comments:

Post a Comment