Tuesday 30 May 2017

After changing ISP I have faster download speed but a bunch of new connectivity issues.

I recently change my ISP from Hawaiian Telcom to Oceanic TWC. With Hawaiian Tel I was getting about 15mbps down. Wth TWC I am getting ~55-70mbps down. However the issue is that even though my internet speed shows that it is faster, I am having a number of issues with my connection. My old connection was perfect it is just that downloads would take longer and loading videos would take longer. The amount of issues with my new connection almost makes me prefer my previous ISP with slow speeds but no issues.My most frustrating issues involve my PS4. I have my PS4 connected directly to my modem and am using a router for my wireless devices.

  • First off, my PS4 issues. I am having issues loading friends' profiles, connection issues with matchmaking and other minor issues. I have never experienced the issues when I have Hawaiian Tel even though my speeds were slower.

  • I am having issues while watching youtube on my macbook Pro now as well. I was able to watch 1080p and 1080p60 vids before TWC without issue. I needed to wait a little for the grey bar to load so It doesn't buffer but other than that it was running perfect. Now with TWC I am only not able to properly watch 1080p on youtube. Even though the grey bar is far in front of the red bar it buffers and plays in slow motion and stutters. There are issues with videos that are playing in 720, too. When I click on a video it buffers for about 5-10 seconds before playing but after it starts playing the grey bar doesn't load and I am able to only watch a few seconds before the red bar catch the grey and then the vid buffers.

What could cause these problems from arising since I changed ISP?



Submitted May 31, 2017 at 06:43AM by ButterBellyMcflemi http://ift.tt/2r9wg8N

No comments:

Post a Comment