Wednesday 31 May 2017

How to physically isolate two hard drives?

So I have two drives, and I want to install Linux on one and Windows on the other. I don't want the Windows installation to be able to access anything on the Linux drive. I know I could encrypt the drive, but I'd rather avoid the performance hit and potential backup/recovery problems, and instead physically isolate the drives.

I found this: Duplus DUP-35 Hard Drive Power Switch/Selector which seems perfect, but unfortunately it is out of stock and I can't find it anywhere else. I've found some other controllers like KINGWIN HDD-PS6 Hard Drive Power Switch but it is not quite what I'm looking for, I'd rather have a toggle rather than being able to power a number of different drives.



Submitted June 01, 2017 at 12:57AM by Andrewsk1 http://ift.tt/2sobbFu

No comments:

Post a Comment