Tuesday 30 May 2017

Can you force users to login with AzureAD User Principal Name instead of SAM account name?

So I'm looking to upgrade all my machines in the near future to Win10 1703 and connect them all to Azure AD for central management. Currently we have onsite AD in 2012 R2 syncing to AzureAD and users login to Terminal Servers by either using their UPN or SAM account as their username.

When we make the move to 1703 and connect the machines to AzureAD the users will need to login with their UPN as their username so i'm trying to get them into the habit of using the UPN but I was wondering is there a way in group policy to disable the ability to login with the SAM account and only accept the UPN? I've tried to do some research but so far have come up short and I know it sounds like a bit of a long shot but I figured if anyone would know - Reddit would.

Thanks in advance.



Submitted May 30, 2017 at 05:34PM by storyboard87 http://ift.tt/2rAPXrh

No comments:

Post a Comment