Monday 29 May 2017

Help to figure out cost effective replacement for power adapter

I have a Chromebook that I've been using since early September. Recently, I accidentally damaged the power adapter output port. Today, this damage escalated to the point where it only charges in very specific conditions, that is, the plug isn't making a good connection with the Chromebook.

Naturally, I started to search for a replacement adapter. I found this on Amazon, which is identical to the item I currently have, but it's $40. I tried searching for a cheaper part that could work just as well. I am also considering buying just the output plug and doing a repair on my current adapter. However, I don't know enough about this stuff to make an informed purchase. Hopefully, some of you guys could help me.

To reiterate, I am either looking for a plug that would work just as well as much current plug, or a part I could use to replace my current output port.

Here is an image of what I think is the relevant information. Feel free to ask for anything else you might need.



Submitted May 30, 2017 at 08:19AM by TIFU_ByCreatingaSub http://ift.tt/2qtLbMt

No comments:

Post a Comment